Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Diaper Derby

This is my 8 month old nephew Corbin... His parents won an entry for him in a "Diaper Derby" at last night's Jazz game so we all decided to go and cheer him on.
At half time all the parents lined up on either side of the court (one with their child and one with an item to entice them to crawl as fast as they can to the other side). Now I really wish I sat closer so I could get a better picture and a video of the race but our man Corbin was totally awesome! He took 2nd place and that's only because the 1st place winner was like a teenager in a baby disguise! There's some controversy surrounding his performance because the proud, yet competitive parents feel that he experienced a wardrobe malfunction due to the slipperiness of his jogging suit ;)

You can barely see it here but he and his dad are the 3rd from the left on the left hand side and the cute little guy just wants to get to his mom and the cool balloon she's holding. I was so proud of the little tyke that I seriously started to cry when he started to get out in front of everybody else and he was so close to catching up to the other kid!

My favorite part of the whole thing is when the announcer said "take your mark" and all the parents put their kids to the floor and they were in a full crawl position!

No comments: